Thanks, solved: Re: [opensuse] PCI wireless card?
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 07:38:20 -0800 (PST)
Aha! Wonderful, thanks. I had not thought about it, but it turns out that
NewEgg's customer feedback seems like an excellent source of verification. I
was looking at this card, and found about a dozen folks specifically saying
they used it with linux, even mentioning the versions, and since none of them
said anything other than "worked out of the box" I've ordered it.

It was also $15 which is a boat-load cheaper than anything else I've seen in a
while.

Thanks to all others who replied too (Ken, I very nearly went with the USB
device you mentioned :)

Thanks again,
Cheers,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a
man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz