Re: [opensuse] What's up with Novell's website?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:48:13 -0800

Flash based sites are SLOW and just plain waste bandwidth. What a
friggin waste.

Well, it's just an opportunity to refine your skills with Adblock or
Noscript or Stylish :) I chose the last:

I use FlashBlock. It contains a white-list to which I add the few sites
whose Flash animations I do want to see and clicking on the
placeholders FlashBlock inserts in Flash elements unblocks them on a
one-time basis.

Generally, I'm not very persuaded by arguments about "wasted bandwidth."

Cheers, Dave

Randall Schulz