[opensuse] PCI Wireless card
  • From: Khawar Nehal <khawar.nehal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:05:52 +0500
01:07.0 Class 0200: 168c:0013 (rev 01)

01:07.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212/AR5213
Multiprotocol MAC/baseband processor (rev 01)

I remember buying this in Dubai. Forgot the company name on the box.

It is the same chip in the EEEPC and works out of the box.

The only strange thing is :

Somehow the reception of the EEEPC internal Antenna is better than the
antenna which came with the PCI card.

Should work ok for most internal wireless networks.

For more than 2 walls you probably would need a separate antenna.

Khawar

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Simon Roberts pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone recommend a PCI (or USB, I suppose) wireless network
card (802.11g) that definitely works, out of the box, in OpenSuSE
11.0 / 11., and is still available to buy1?

> The various HCLs list a bunch of stuff that's old, and claims I
should have no problems with some older devices (prism2-based) I
have that simply aren't working :(

> Many thanks,
> Simon
>
> "You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell
whether a man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz

I have a D-Link System WUA-1340 that is working out-of-the-box.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998

Khawar Nehal
CEO
Applied Technology Research Center (ATRC)
C-55 Block A KDA Officers
Karachi 75260
Pakistan
Voice : 92-21-4980523
Mobile : 92-333-2486216
Home : 92-21-4974781
Email : khawar.nehal@xxxxxxxxxxx
Website : http://atrc.net.pk
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=557397515
Gtalk : khawar.nehal
Skype : khawar.nehal

begin:vcard
fn:Khawar Nehal
n:Nehal;Khawar
org:Applied Technology Research Center;Development
adr:;;C-55 Block A KDA Officers;Karachi;Sindh;75260;Pakistan
email;internet:khawar.nehal@xxxxxxxxxxx
title:CEO
tel;work:92-21-4980523
tel;home:92-21-4974781