Re: [opensuse] Apache2 10.3 - 11.0 website displays differently?
  • From: peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 08:40:46 +0000
On Wednesday 21 January 2009, David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates,

I have my site at 3111skyline that seems to display differently
depending
of whether it is hosted on 10.3 or 11.0. Specifically, all of the element
sizes (fonts, images, divs, etc.) display 10-15% smaller hosted on 10.3
than they do on 11.0. The difference is quite dramatic. See:

10.3 server (~170k)

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/screenshots/webdev/3111skyline-nemesis.
jpg

11.0 server (~170k)

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/screenshots/webdev/3111skyline-ecstasy.
jpg

I also host the site on my 11.0 laptop for development work and it
displays just like the 11.0 server above.

All of the config files (default-server.conf, httpd.conf,
httpd.conf.local) for each of the servers is identical and all of the pages
on the servers are also identical.

Can anyone think of anything in the apache2 configs that would cause
this.

In the mean time, I'll set up another apache server on another 10.3 box
and confirm the smaller size there.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC

Now there's interesting

Viewing the screen captures i see the difference Looks like font size
rendering

But when viewing the sites direct (using Seamonkey 1.1.14) they both appear
identical no variation at all , Have not tried FF aint got it installed on
this box to try that have to boot the laptop for that .

The live sites both render the same in Konqueror as well but the screen shots
differ

That has just got to be font related that .. i have had similar issues on one
or two sites ..

Pete

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)