Re: [opensuse] Bad Seagate HDDs - Vote for my bugzilla
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:36:24 +0100
On 1/20/2009 at 8:46 PM, "Greg Freemyer" <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All,

I just created a bugzilla that OS should detect the known bad Seagate
drives and post a warning to the user.

That sounds like a very short sighted project ending up with quiet some effort
(the user needs to be informed, screen message). In plus the message
alone won't help the average user that did not hear about this issue in any
news page before, so he'll just be scared off by 'his computer telling him
that the disk is broken'.

So caution is required for such a case!

The user that would know what the message means is the one that was already
informed by the various news reports... thus it only would offer an
additional confirmation to the user that he's affected.

Dominique