Re: [opensuse] Apache2 10.3 - 11.0 website displays differently?
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:07:34 -0500
On 2009/01/20 21:29 (GMT-0600) David C. Rankin composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

What we may be seeing in your screenshots is Firefox remembering a previously
set non-100% site zoom level for one URL that is inapplicable to the other.
Did you do Ctrl-0 on both before shooting? Did you try loading by IP instead
of URL?

Did you try Ctrl-0?

Let me see if I can't clear things up here. First, the screenshots were
both
taken from the same firefox on my laptop. I just had the nirvana in one tab
and
ecstasy in another tab and I took sequential screenshots with ksnapshot.

Felix is right. I have moved ecstasy to port 8084 so now both servers
(nirvana
- port 80, and ecstasy - port 8084) can both be access from the outside.

Both servers have the same copy of all pages on them thanks to
executing rsync
-auv nirvana:/srv/www /srv from ecstasy.

I have taken measurements with kruler to put numbers to the problem. On
nirvana:

http://www.3111skyline.com

The left column is 157 pixels wide, despite the actual image being 165
pixels
wide. On ecstasy:

http://www.3111skyline.com:8084

I have no idea how you're getting what you describe. On 11.0 I loaded both in
separate tabs in both FF 2.0.0.20 and FF 3.0.5. I can see tiny differences
between the two FF versions, but, other than the visitors counts, absolutely
no differences between the two pages compared at once in the same FF.

I don't know, I think I need new glasses, but kruler doesn't lie. I'm
going to
have to investigate Christians md5sum approach, but I can't explain the same
files producing different hashes. Thanks for any help you can give.

The differences in md5sum mainly prove the images are different, not
necessarily the page, but the difference between your screenshots is too
obvious for md5sums to matter. Regardless of which of the 3 URLs I use, wget
gets the same file (other than the counts difference). The CSS delivered from
all is identical.
--
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/