Re: [opensuse] Apache2 10.3 - 11.0 website displays differently?
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:12:04 -0500
On 2009/01/20 19:26 (GMT-0600) David C. Rankin composed:

I have my site at 3111skyline that seems to display differently
depending of
whether it is hosted on 10.3 or 11.0. Specifically, all of the element sizes
(fonts, images, divs, etc.) display 10-15% smaller hosted on 10.3 than they do
on 11.0. The difference is quite dramatic. See:

10.3 server (~170k)

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/screenshots/webdev/3111skyline-nemesis.jpg

11.0 server (~170k)

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/screenshots/webdev/3111skyline-ecstasy.jpg

I also host the site on my 11.0 laptop for development work and it
displays
just like the 11.0 server above.

All of the config files (default-server.conf, httpd.conf,
httpd.conf.local)
for each of the servers is identical and all of the pages on the servers are
also identical.

Can anyone think of anything in the apache2 configs that would cause
this.

In the mean time, I'll set up another apache server on another 10.3 box
and
confirm the smaller size there.

Christian is right as far as he went. If you want others to be able to
compare http://www.3111skyline.com/ & http://ecstasy.3111skyline.com/ you'll
have to find a way to make them different. Both currently return the same IP
address.

What we may be seeing in your screenshots is Firefox remembering a previously
set non-100% site zoom level for one URL that is inapplicable to the other.
Did you do Ctrl-0 on both before shooting? Did you try loading by IP instead
of URL?
--
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/