Re: [opensuse] Apache2 10.3 - 11.0 website displays differently?
  • From: Razi Khaja <razi.khaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:01:16 -0500
I have my site at 3111skyline that seems to display differently
depending of
whether it is hosted on 10.3 or 11.0. Specifically, all of the element sizes
(fonts, images, divs, etc.) display 10-15% smaller hosted on 10.3 than they do
on 11.0. The difference is quite dramatic. See:

This is probably due to different versions of firefox being installed on
10.3 and 11.0.
On 10.3, Firefox 2.0.x
On 11.0, Firefox 3.0.x

Browse your site with a different browser like Konquerer or Opera from the
10.3 and 11.0 machine. Under Konquerer or Opera, if the site appears
identical when viewed from the 10.3 and 11.0 machines, it is probable that
the difference can be attributed to Firefox version differences, rather than
Apache.