[opensuse] Apache2 10.3 - 11.0 website displays differently?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:26:05 -0600
Listmates,

I have my site at 3111skyline that seems to display differently
depending of
whether it is hosted on 10.3 or 11.0. Specifically, all of the element sizes
(fonts, images, divs, etc.) display 10-15% smaller hosted on 10.3 than they do
on 11.0. The difference is quite dramatic. See:

10.3 server (~170k)

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/screenshots/webdev/3111skyline-nemesis.jpg

11.0 server (~170k)

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/screenshots/webdev/3111skyline-ecstasy.jpg

I also host the site on my 11.0 laptop for development work and it
displays
just like the 11.0 server above.

All of the config files (default-server.conf, httpd.conf,
httpd.conf.local)
for each of the servers is identical and all of the pages on the servers are
also identical.

Can anyone think of anything in the apache2 configs that would cause
this.

In the mean time, I'll set up another apache server on another 10.3 box
and
confirm the smaller size there.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.