Re: [opensuse] How to clean up /var/cache/zypper/RPMS ?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 00:42:47 +0100 (CET)

On Tuesday, 2009-01-20 at 16:54 +0100, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Jan Kupec wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

It's a relatively new feature, but I think you can simply delete the
rpms manually.

Yes, you can.

Good!

Automatic cleaning... there is a configuration file that mighjt have
some options for this, would be worth checking.

AFAIK, we don't have anything like automatic removal of cached packages
that are out of date. Yet.

I think that remove out-of-date cached package is not trivial task as
you cache package typical to possibility to reinstall it without
download. So if you try upgrade some package, find problems and want
downgrade you expect that package is still cached and not removed as out
of date.

You could set the count, ie, how many versions of ssame package to allow.

Another posibility would be to age out those packages with different "major" number. Ie, allow several releases, but not different versions after so many days. This would remove packages from the previous opensuse version, and allow for some time for testing before going back.

Another posibility would be a cron job that mails a list of rpm files matching some criteria to root. Or moves those files to a secondary cache, where the admin chan choose.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.