[opensuse] Re: screensaver during video
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:47:12 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:43:30 -0600, Constantinos Maltezos wrote:

This has been happening as long as I can remember it, but I finally
figured I'd ask about it.

Using dragonplayer or either kaffeine, when I play a video - whether
it's a DVD or a standalone - I have to move the mouse every few minutes
or the screensaver kicks in. I don't mind that happening with
flash-based movie viewers like on youtube, but the fact that I haven't
seen this issue brought up before makes me think that perhaps it's just
me with the regular video players. And I've looked for it.

I know mplayer has an option that disables xscreensaver specifically, but
I don't know if it works with gnome-screensaver.

You can manually disable the screensaver - under GNOME the command is
gnome-screensaver-command --exit - I'm sure there's a similar command for
running under KDE.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson