Re: [opensuse] a proprietary dvd don't play with xine, but OK with vlc
  • From: Tamas Sarga <tamas.sarga2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:56:29 +0100

M. Skiba wrote:
Am Dienstag, 20. Januar 2009 22:19:08 schrieb Tamas Sarga:
I borrowed the Batman Dark Knight dvd.
We don't wanna know where you got it from, you just have it :-)

It is the original official dvd borrowed from one of my friends for
private usage :) Really.

I tried to play it with kaffeine, than xine. It starts to use all of the
physical RAM then the swap space, not for caching, but the application.
And nothing happened, there isn't player window or anything. I had to
kill the app.

With xine it is OK.
With xine or with vlc?

Oh my god, I'm crazy, so it is OK with vlc.

My problem is that I'd like to fill a bug report, but I'm absolutely
clueless, what should I write into. I use Kaffeine usually and I've
never got such problem with it. In addition I have to get the dvd back
tomorrow, so I can't debug it further.

You could open a bug report (but don't forget to state your versions
(numbers) ). I.e. do you use the normal kaffeine package from openSUSE or the
packman version, libdvdcss installed or not etc.

I have the packman version of kaffeine, xine and libdvdcss, and I have
vlc from the vlc repo.

Regards
Michael

Thanks