[opensuse] a proprietary dvd don't play with xine, but OK with vlc
  • From: Tamas Sarga <tamas.sarga2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:19:08 +0100

Hi,

I borrowed the Batman Dark Knight dvd.
I tried to play it with kaffeine, than xine. It starts to use all of the
physical RAM then the swap space, not for caching, but the application.
And nothing happened, there isn't player window or anything. I had to
kill the app.
With xine it is OK.
My problem is that I'd like to fill a bug report, but I'm absolutely
clueless, what should I write into. I use Kaffeine usually and I've
never got such problem with it. In addition I have to get the dvd back
tomorrow, so I can't debug it further.

If anyone has a clue, then please :)

TIA.
Tamas