Re: [opensuse] KDE4 desktop effects, ATI
  • From: "Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:13:52 -0700
clarkt@xxxxxxxx wrote:
--------------
Failed to activate desktop effects using the given configuration
options. Settings will be reverted to their previous values.

Check your X configuration. You may also consider changing advanced
options, especially changing the compositing type.

Go to /usr/lib/dri and move fglrx_dri.so to flgrx_dri.so.org. Then do a
ln -s /usr/lib64/dri/flgrx_dri.so /usr/lib/dri/.

That will fix the problem.

I actually tried that last night after I posted, and no, it didn't fix
the problem. That got me past glxinfo errors, but KDE still refuses to
take it. I tried XRender, but the effects are so choppy, slow and
outright buggy that I can't use it. OpenGL is still a no go.