Re: [opensuse] How to clean up /var/cache/zypper/RPMS ?
  • From: "Amedee Van Gasse" <amedee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:31:14 +0100 (CET)

Basil Chupin wrote:

Are you sure that you are talking about /var/cache/ZYPPER and not ZYPP
because I do not have a cache called zypper on my system.

That is because you did not install an rpm file with zypper so far. Like
'zypper in foo.rpm'.

The good thing about this cache is, that anything you install this way,
will be there, even remote rpms, like in 'zypper install
http://download.foo.org/rpms/the.rpm'

I appreciate its existence, but I would like more control over it.
Anyway, it seems like rm'ing the files there won't hurt me, and that's all
the control any sysadmin needs after all! :-)