Re: [opensuse] Re: Fork Burst Every 5 Minutes
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 06:13:39 -0800

Maybe shutdown crond for a while as a test?

I did think of cron. On your suggestion, I ran the test of
temporarily shutting it down and indeed, this prevents the fork
burst.

One thing I don't think I've ever been able to do is _find_ all the
crontabs in a SuSE Linux / openSUSE installation.

OK, so I did some script spelunking and I think I know where the fork
burst originates, based on the fact that only one crontab has a
5-minute interval configured: Munin's cron script.

Randall Schulz