[opensuse] Trying to get prism2 USB wireless to work
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:40:11 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

I'm trying to get a prism 2 based wireless adapter to work on a box for my
kids. I put OpenSuSE 11.0 onto it, and the card appears to be basically present
and looks like it might be working, but the system does not seem to recognize
it as being a wireless device, that is, iwconfig says it has no wireless
extensions, and I can't configure it.

I found reference to something called the prism gui, in a number of places that
seemed to suggest this is the tool needed to set it up, but I can't find any
such software, and it seems odd that I'd need this. I'm inclined to think this
is old information?

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a
man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz