Re: [opensuse] KDE 4.2 and screen savers.
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:01:02 -0500
Anton Aylward wrote:
ka1ifq said the following on 01/19/2009 11:00 AM:

On Monday 19 January 2009 07:40:55 Anton Aylward wrote:

James Knott said the following on 01/19/2009 07:15 AM:

I hear his first computer was an abacus. ;-)

No unless he's a covert Asiatic.
Try "slide rule".
Which was the case for most technically educated westerners over 50.

Required item for me in high school electronics class, still have one here
somewhere.

I still have a number but have forgotten how to use all except the basic
scales.

By the time we were allowed to use calculators in exams they changed the
questions so that computation was no longer a key factor.

In general, life's like that.

Calculators weren't available, when I was in high school. The first HP
calculator came out about a year after I graduated.