Re: [opensuse] Fingerprint reader and 10.3
Fernando Costa wrote:
Jim Cunning wrote:

I have an HP X86_64 laptop running 10.3 still. Is it possible to configure
the fingerprint reader with this release? Shows up "not configured" in Yast
HW scan. Google search didn't seem to provide any useful links.didn't
remember when she

Hi

On a terminal you must run lsusb to see what type of hardware you have,
then you can go to the following site
http://reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/Supported_devices and see if your
device is supported, I think most HP use AES2501 which is supported.

If your device is supported you can add the following repository to Yast:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/dgege/openSUSE_Factory,
look for fprint and install all the dependencies.

Minor correction:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/dgege:/fprint/openSUSE_10.3

The only thing at the other address is an FTP program.
Then you must run in terminal fprint_demo to run the graphical
interfacce for enrolling your fingerprints,

Got it!

http://www.donutmonster.com/stuff/2009/20090117_fprint_demo.jpg

after that you may need to
do some PAM configuration, use this page to see the changes
http://reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/Pam_fprint#Setup

Sometimes no dialog appear letting you know that the fingerprint
verification is needed so if you see that a program doesn't run validate
your fingerprint (in yast you must validate it to or three times)

Thanks!

--
kai