[opensuse] Trouble with USB wireless
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 07:59:31 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

I just installed OpenSuSE 11.1 onto a box for one of my kids, and was intending
to network her using an old DLink DWL-122 USB wireless adapter. It worked
before on an old laptop under 10.something, but is not behaving in this install.

The prism2_usb module is loaded, but there's no wlan interface, so I can't
configure it.

There's a few lines in dmesg that are worrying:

prism2_usb: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown[...]
[...] prism2_usb.0: 0.2.8 loaded
[...]
BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference[...]

Does anyone have this working? Would 11.0 be a better bet for this?

TIA
Cheers,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a
man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz