Re: [opensuse] How to install Google Earth?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:15:05 +0100
To add the repositories in my yast, do I download them and then go to
yast -> software -> repositories, and then click add, and then point to
the file I downloaded? Or is there some other way to do that?

thanks from the newb

You're asking good questions... keep them coming, and you'll be an
expert in no time :-)

First, you should add all the repositories if you haven't already done so.
- Start YAST (Administrator Settings)
- Go to Software > Software Repositories
- Click Add
- Select Community Repositories
- Click Next
- Select all the repositories you want to use. It's safe to check
all. You can skip Main Repository (DEBUG)
- Click OK
- The repositories will be loaded, and you will be asked several
times to import GPG keys and once for a license agreement (if you
selected the Education repository)

So if you sure you use 965 on 11.1, please update Mesa, libdrm and
xorg-x11 from openSUSE XOrg repositories
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/XOrg/openSUSE_11.1/).

To add this specific repository (assuming you still have the
Repository manager still open):
- Click Add
- Select Specify URL
- Click Next
- Give it a name that makes sense, eg X11 XOrg openSUSE_11.1
- Copy and paste the URL into the URL field
- Click Next

You're done... click OK to finish up. Now when you open up Software
Management in YAST, or click Install Software in your menu you will
see the new/updated files for your XOrg and you can install the latest
Mesa, libdrm and xorg-x11 as suggested.

C.