Re: [opensuse] SuSE 11 64 bit problem with Epson printer
  • From: Clive Rogers <c.rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:44:54 +0000
On Monday 19 January 2009 05:28:11 Bogdan Cristea wrote:
On Sunday 18 January 2009 23:35:44 Clive Rogers wrote:
Hi All,

I have an Epson 670 printer which I know is a good one.
Worked flawlessly under 10.3 and still works under XP.

I recently upgraded the OS to 11.0 64 bit.
Yast2 sees the printer and installs all the software that I can see but
will not print no matter which ppd file I use.

Cups is installed. LPD and Cups are both in the choice for print out via
KMail.

Has anyone come across this problem and found a cure for it ?

I have done an internet search but nothing about the problem I have.

--
Clive.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.rogers/

Fighting for darker skies.
From 52:26ºN 01:27ºW (Coventry, UK)

Have you tried a generic drive for your printer instead of one designed
specifically for Epson?

Yes. Same result. Printer still won't print.
The job goes into the Printer queue for about 30 secs then clears.
Some jobs stay there saying processing but nothing happens after 30 mins.

--
Clive.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.rogers/

Fighting for darker skies.