Re: [opensuse] Strange KMail Behavior on 11.1
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 03:41:37 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2009-01-18 at 16:33 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:

Touching a file is very fast, shouldn't be noticed; however, 258
files...? Maybe they are copied to another file? Check the inodes
before and after. Backup archive?

I'm not sure, but I don't think just touching those files would cause
the physical I/O activity I'm seeing (well, hearing). I think it's
actually writing the file with the same data it already contains.

I think you can make certain comparing the inode numbers before and after.

Dunno, maybe new feature.

The "do lots of stupid, redundant, noisy, obnoxious I/O when quitting
KMail" feature??

Dunno, I was half joking. Maybe there is some obscure hidden feature that requires that activity or that has that side effect.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.