Re: [opensuse] (OT) which virtual machine that better.
  • From: Jerry Houston <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:19:15 -0800
On Sunday 18 January 2009 15:40:41 Adam Jimerson wrote:

Are there any special tricks or incantations that are needed for Xen,
beyond the obvious?

I found this out the hard way but you better not have a Nvidia card if you
wish to run XEN. The driver will not build under XEN, or at least it didn't
for me the installer complained about me using XEN and told me to boot into a
normal Kernel.

Ah ... that must be my problem. I'm pretty fond of Nvidia because of their
support for Linux. Both the machines I've tried to run Xen on indeed have
Nvidia graphics cards.

I guess I've got a choice to make.