Re: [opensuse] multibooting 11.1 and windows 7
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 01:00:37 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2009-01-18 at 18:35 -0500, Mike McMullin wrote:

Another useful thing to do, is create a FAT32 partition and move the
Windows "My Documents" folder to it. This makes it easier to work on
data from either OS. I've done this with XP.

Is there a sound technical problem/reason why enabling NTFS write
ability is not recommended?

Traditionally, it simply could not be done. However, we now have a driver that can do it, it is said to be reliable, but it hasn't been possible for so long that we still think it is not possible or not recommended.

My opinion, of course :-)

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.