Re: [opensuse] happy "dmraid" at boot
  • From: Yas say <baladeh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:49:27 -0800 (PST)
You have RAID1 but I have RAID5 which I'm installing Linux on it.

dmraid -r
/dev/sdc: isw, "isw_dihgfaif", GROUP, ok, 488397165 sectors, data@ 0
/dev/sdb: isw, "isw_dihgfaif", GROUP, ok, 488397165 sectors, data@ 0
/dev/sda: isw, "isw_dihgfaif", GROUP, ok, 488397165 sectors, data@ 0

dmraid -s
*** Group superset isw_dihgfaif
--> Active Subset
name : isw_dihgfaif_Volume0
size : 209715200
stride : 128
type : raid5_la
status : ok
subsets: 0
devs : 3
spares : 0
--> Active Subset
name : isw_dihgfaif_Volume1
size : 767059968
stride : 128
type : raid5_la
status : ok
subsets: 0
devs : 3
spares : 0

Also the only raid I used with Linux before was mdadm - it supported mirror
too. Actually if I just wanted use raid1 I wouldn't buy nothing since Linux can
set it up anyway. You had that system since 10.3 but this's the first time I
put Linux in this system.

So you have 3 disks?

David C. Rankin wrote:

I must be missing something, but I've been using dmraid since 10.3 and
I have never had to recompile anything. In fact, I have never had to do
anything other than set the dmraid up during install with the yast partitioner
and make sure that raid was designated as bootable in my bios settings:

01:56 ecstasy:~> sudo dmraid -s nvidia_fdaacfde
*** Active Set
name : nvidia_fdaacfde
size : 976773120
stride : 128