[opensuse] dual booting 11.1 and windows 7
  • From: Dave <diacobel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:02:35 -0800 (PST)
Since my post earlier in the day, I have restored the grub menu at boot by
rewriting the master boot record using the bootloader tool in yast. I can now
boot into 11.1 but not into windows 7. I read posts on the difficulties of
dual booting vista and edited the menu.lst file as suggested in these posts.
The windows section of the menu.lst file now read:

title Windows 7 Ultimate
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader (hd0,0)+1

When I attempt to boot to windows from the grub boot menu the screen goes blank
for a few seconds and then returns to the grub boot menu. The only change
being one time it is the green boot menu and the next a winter scene boot menu.

I have been unable to locate any other suggestions on how to get this up an
running. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks,

Dave