Re: [opensuse] (OT) which virtual machine that better.
  • From: "Ciro Iriarte" <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:34:07 -0300
2009/1/18 Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Permit me...eh VirtualBOX does NOT die when "you close the application".

Look at the CLI part of the user-manual for VirtualBOX, pay attention to
what is known as VirtualBoxHeadless or so. I don't recall the exact phrasing
right now.

Hi, i've checked the manual, and yes, the VM DOES die when "you close
the application" if it's run from the GUI or the VBoxHeadless command
(ctrl+c). BUT, it happens you have a third method to start a VM, with
"VBoxManage startvm -type vrdp", and that one is suitable to run on a
server. Al three options tested...

Something new learned, nice...

Regards,

--