Re: [opensuse] 11.1+kde3.5 suspend to disk fails sometimes
  • From: Günter Dannoritzer <dannoritzer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:06:24 +0100
Change this in /etc/suspend.conf:

## use splash picture? (default y)
splash = n

Thanks Carlos for the information with the splash screen and the log
level. Did change that now in my config.

To add to the above, I use suspend to disk from kde3.5 on 11.1 but with
32 bit system, all the time. I disabled the splash screen long ago
because it never displayed properly. I have no problem at all with
suspend except after resume kde displays the suspend failed message box
despite the fact that suspend and resume worked fine.

Yes, I noticed that too. I had before 10.3 and the same message there too.

I also get "Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files"
message in my pm-suspend.log but with no actual errors. I very rarely
have to rcsquid restart to get my local proxy to work after resume.

Under 10.3 I sometimes had problems with the sound after a resume and
had to do a /etc/alsasound restart. But since 11.1 this seems to be
fixed now.

Thanks for the information.

Guenter