Re: [opensuse] (OT) which virtual machine that better.
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 20:56:34 +0100

Ciro Iriarte skrev:
2009/1/16 Arie Reynaldi Z <reymanx@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi all,

Maybe its slightly ot, what virtual machine that better, I'm trying to build
entry level vm, only with dual core with 2GB memory, no SAN, only have 2-3
virtual servers. I thought Xen that comes with opensuse or SLES is good enough,
but then I see vmware esx-i come with free and well known vendor, also with
very small requirement (cmiiw). Have anyone of this list members have run vm
(anykind) for real live servers? Would you share about performance,
managebility, etc ?

Regards,
-ARZ™-

Sent from my BlackBerry(R)

If you'll be running just linux, the paravirtual performance from Xen
can't be beated by VMware, VirtualBox is nice for testing, but not for
production, because the VMs die when you close the application.

Regards,

Permit me...eh VirtualBOX does NOT die when "you close the application".

Look at the CLI part of the user-manual for VirtualBOX, pay attention to what is known as VirtualBoxHeadless or so. I don't recall the exact phrasing right now.

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards

Novell Certified Linux
Professional 10035701