[opensuse] jack-in-the-box
  • From: Teruel de Campo MD <chusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:55:09 -0700
This release of opensuse 11.1 with kde 4...something is a bag full of
surprises. In none of the installation I did of opensuse 11.1 and
compiz-fusion I could run emerald. I follow Clayton advice and I
installed kde 4.2 well now emerald is working great. Figure this out!.

I like kde 4. I like the OO personality. I like the name and concept of
plasmoid (let's get rid of "widgets" name). I like the zoom out/add
activity although I have not figure out what to do with it. Probably
setup different "desktops" for different uses?.
What I miss from kde3 are few applets like kirocker etc but is not a big
deal and some they were going to be gone any way (kirocker author
abandon the project).

So far:
1. I have the opensuse 11.1 running very well and the major bug I had
with the DNS resolution is almost solved. Since friday after installing
some new glibc is working great. All the "must" list that I have before
deciding to move my business machines into opensuse 11.1 have been met.
2. My last decision is if I'm going with kde3 or kde4. I will spend few
more day testing kde4 and then I will make the decision.

This newgroup is great and key to be able to have this new version of
opensuse up and running in short time.

-=terry(Denver)=-