Re: [opensuse] Svideo output
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:58:52 -0500
peter nikolic pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Hi ..

Opensuse 11.1 x86_64 KDE 4.1.3 ATI FGLRX video driver (non hd so
radeonhd wont work) machine Compaq V5030EA 1.5 Gb Ram 128 Mb video ram not
able to upgrade this fixed by bios to max of 128Mb

I have an Presentation comming up shortly using OpenOffice .

i need to use a large TV at the location that has an Svideo input the
laptop
i need to use has Svideo output , On opensuse 10.0 and 10.1 if i plugged
the Svideo lead into the laptop up came the display on the TV sweet as you
like
from 10.3 on this fails completely

Has anyone used a set like this with 11.1 if so how did you get it all to
behave this is causing me a lot of hassle and needs sorting i blagged a
windows laptop last year but that dont exist now (gone bang Dell)

Oh and the Presentation wont run on earlier versions of openoffice for some
reason either so i am a bit stymied right now

Pete .

I did this with my home TV and simply used fn+f4 to have the screen on the
HD TV. I was also surprised that the screen on the HD TV went into virtual
size to accommodate a resolution higher than the TV screen resolution.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998