Re: [opensuse] Kde4 - plasmoids not working
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 18:08:58 +0100
It makes a very big difference if you upgrade to the Factory version.
Use the 1-Click from the Wiki and it'll drop in the right repository.
The Factory version is the one that is closest to being in a "working"
state, and if you're planning on tinkering at all in KDE4 beyond just
using it as-is, then you really should (in my opinion) be using the
Factory builds only. A huge percentage of the things being discussed
here on the list as not-working are fixed in the Factory builds.

Is this the link you are referring to?

http://en.opensuse.org/KDE4

Yes, and in that page under the Factory KDE Project (KDE 4.2.x)
section, you have a 1-Click install for 11.1. Click it and it'll load
the repos you need and you should be able to do a clean update to...
currently... 4.1.96.

I would not recommend the links from UNSTABLE KDE Project (KDE 4.3
Devel) unless you're willing to really experiment.

C.