Re: [opensuse] Determine modification time of remote (http) file
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:18:20 -0300
Jeffrey L. Taylor escribió:
Is there way to determine the last modification time of a file via HTTP?
Specifically, I'd like to not download or parse a very large RSS file (300+
items) if it hasn't changed.

in what language are you coding your RSS reader ? there are plenty of
ways to do that, but the right one is specific to the tools you are using.

anyway, that is done using conditional http requests.

--
"We have art in order not to die of the truth" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Cristian Rodríguez R.
Software Developer
Platform/OpenSUSE - Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH