[opensuse] KDE 4.2 and screen savers.
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 01:17:02 -0500
Herbert Graeber wrote:

[snip]

I had this with the previous drivers, too. I have solved this by
disabling some the first two DPMS modes and using the last on only.
Looks like the first two are not working, but changing the size of the
screensaver instead (BTW: Does that mean the 3D screen savers are still
running when DPMS turns the screen dark?).

Yes....they still run in that small window. How, this MAY help
you....hope so. In further testing, NOT all of the GL screen savers do
this all of the time. Further, they MAY work properly when one starts up
when it thinks the set time is up for it to run, but not run properly
all of the time. The same can be said if you start one from the panel.

Also, the time set for a screen saver to start doesn't appear to work,
no matter what time is set nor what screen saver is selected. I've
turned off power management on this desktop, just to make sure it wasn't
the cause of a screen saver coming starting too soon.

'Sure hope this helps.

Fred

--
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed
regularly -- and for the same reason."