Re: [opensuse] How to install Google Earth?
  • From: George Olson <grglsn765@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:35:21 +0800
Masaru Nomiya wrote:
Hello,

In the Message;

Subject : [opensuse] How to install Google Earth?
Date & Time: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 18:17:30 +0800

$ cd /home/george/downloads/GoogleEarth/
$ sh ./GoogleEarthLinux.bin

New problem: I ran the install, and it looked like it installed ok, but
there was an error on install:
Installing mimetypes...
Installing desktop menu entries...
Installing desktop icon...
./googleearth-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1:

So I tried to run it from a konsole by typing 'googleearth' and I get
the same error:
george@linux-8rby:~> googleearth
./googleearth-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1:

when I try to run through kde, I get a little 'bouncing earth ball' for
a cursor for a minute or so, but no Google Earth.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
George