Re: [opensuse] Konqueror and Dolphin slow start up
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 15:05:28 -0600
On Saturday 17 January 2009 07:55:23 am Anton Aylward wrote:
It seems another side effect of my wipe-and-install is that Kinqueror
and Dolphin have a show start-up.

The window frame appears but it takes more than 10 seconds before the
contents appears.

There is a siiliar delay if I select an icon and go via Properties to
change the icon, the colour of the folder, for example.

Since is seems to be local to me, I'm sure its a config issue and not a
real bug, but I don't have some other reference to check against, so I'd
welcome suggestions as to where to look

It can be a graphic driver.
I just used Dolphin from KDE3 and it worked fine, while from KDE4 is not that
fast. Though, it is not 10 s to start.

Second reason might be time needed to load libraries.
The first start was slow, but after that it is like any other program.

--
Regards, Rajko