Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird - Any way to dump all messages from a folder to a single file?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 01:19:57 -0600
David C. Rankin wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:
David C. Rankin wrote:

Listmates,

Is there a clean way to dump all messages from a thunderbird folder to
a single text file? Something that would remove the headers in the
process?
Take a look at formail. I think it'll probably do what you're after.

Well what-do-you-know? I have never heard of this little guy before in
my
life. Looks promising.

Thanks Per!

Well,

I looked at the little guy and it looks like it's back to parsing on
From -
starts the header and ^$ ends the header and ^$^$ ends the message. Probably
get more control this way anyway ;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC