Re: [opensuse] w00t! Finally - RDP for us Linux geeks!
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 01:04:42 -0600
Bruce Ferrell wrote:

Kai Ponte wrote:
Being a windows / linux user, I would like to just use one protocol to
connect to remote systems. I always use RDP to connect to my wintendo
clients: http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/remote.jpg

I particularly do this as I often work at home. I have been - until now
- forced to use NX Client or VNC to connect to my Linux boxes. Though
functional, they are always lacking in my mind. Plus I like having one
interface - the RDC client on Windows - to connect.

I just read an article in Linux Magazine (december issue -
http://www.linux-magazine.com/issues/2008/97/seamless_integration )
about XRDP.

I went and downloaded it from the home page: http://xrdp.sourceforge.net/

I compiled, ran checkinstall, and installed the rpm. Sure enough - after
a few config tweaks mentioned in the article - I'm up and running on
RDP: http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/2009/20080116_xrdp_opensuse.jpg

Very cool!

Nice idea, but the article isn't actually on line. the PDF is one page :(

Care to write up the config tweeks?

I second it Kai -- what were the tweaks?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC