Re: [opensuse] Microsoft TTF fonts and 11.1
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 00:40:17 -0500

On Friday, 2009-01-16 at 11:58 -0500, Mike McMullin wrote:

Well, that's precisely what they are complaining about!

The package is automatically selected to be installed, and they do not
want it, because it install Microsoft "things".

Not _is_ Carlos, _was_ installed originally, waiting for the update to
be made available, now the script _is_ available to get the fonts
installed. Sorry about the semantics argument, but I just want to make
my point clear. Have anyone who has not done the update to uninstall it
in YaST.

No, my 11.1 doesn't have it installed:

NOT_nimrodel:~ # rpm -q fetchmsttfonts
package fetchmsttfonts is not installed

I fully understand that if I had it installed, YOU would update it. AFAIK,
these people claim they did not have it installed; the problem is that the
people complaining about this, do so after running YOU and installing or
reinstalling it, and thus, too late to do checks, and thus, I can not
verify this behaviour.

The fetchmsttfonts is done by having the pullin-mstt-etc package
installed already.