[opensuse] Tutorial : openSUSE Network Installation with PXE Boot
  • From: "Masim \"Vavai\" Sugianto" <vavai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:36:59 +0700
I've written a network installation or upgrading guide with a small
script called setupgrubfornfsinstall [0] earlier this month. It's help
a lot on my work : upgrading openSUSE 10.3 and 11.0 workstation into
latest version openSUSE 11.1.

Although the script quite useful, it's not really satisfied either.
The main problem is that the script need a running openSUSE or SUSE
Linux Enterprise. It can't be used to install or upgrade on an empty
system or to remove another system.

I catch the problem while installing openSUSE 11.1 on broken Windows
system. It has no CD or DVD ROM. I may install the system by borrowed
the CD/DVD ROM from another PC or using external CD/DVD ROM or by
using openSUSE 11.1 LiveUSB [1], but I think it's a good chance to try
better method : Installing openSUSE 11.1 over network with PXE Boot.

http://vavai.net/2009/01/17/tutorial-opensuse-network-install-over-pxe-boot-a-complete-guide-part-i/

[0] :
http://vavai.net/2009/01/04/opensuse-network-installationupgrade-without-cddvd/
[1] : http://vavai.net/2009/01/02/how-to-make-opensuse-111-liveusb/