Re: [opensuse] Microsoft TTF fonts and 11.1
  • From: Nkoli <coomac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:30:26 -0500
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 6:31 AM, Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

How is it automatically selected?

My tests show:
It is not in the Update applets and YOU, you need to specifically select it
there.

And if you run "zypper up", it will just upgrade the empty(!)
pullin-msttf-fonts
package, but not install fetchmsttfonts.

=> So unless "rpm -q fetchmsttfonts" has results, they did not get it at all.
=> It is not "by default".

On my system, fetchmsttfonts was installed when I ran my daily 'zypper
up -t package'. I can count the number of times I've opened up YOU on
one hand and I haven't so much as looked at it in sometime. I
definitely never selected fetchmsttfonts for installation, though I
don't have a problem with it being installed.

There must be something that installs it automatically on some systems
and not on others. I do have a number of third party repos enabled, so
maybe some package in one of them is pulling it in. Also, I'm using
the official fglrx driver, not nvidia.

Nkoli