Re: [opensuse] External Storage what is the best?
  • From: "Amedee Van Gasse" <amedee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:07:52 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, January 16, 2009 16:39, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Amedee Van Gasse <amedee@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Greg Freemyer schreef:

I can't see spending ~ $700 for an empty shell and a NIC interface to
get such poor performance.

$700? That's like €200? ;-)

Amazon has them discounted right now, but it is showing LIST prices of

$499 for the Drobo itself and
$229 for the Droboshare

Or $728 combined. Sounds like $700 to me.

Looks like you can save $150 off of that if you get the current sale
price. That is still almost $600. Not sure where your €200 comes
from.

*sigh*
It comes from the $/€ exchange rates.
The US dollar is a weak currency compared to the euro.
This means that importing is cheap for Europeans, but exporting is expensive.
It was meant as a joke but you didn't "get" it. Must be a cultural thing.
Sorry. Srsly.

And please, don't reply all. I follow the list.

--
Amedee