Re: [opensuse] Where is FORCE_PERSISTENT_NAMES ? [SOLVED]
  • From: Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:58:38 +0000
Rui Santos wrote:
Hi all,

At least until On openSUSE 10.1, there used to exist an option on
/etc/sysconfig/network/config called FORCE_PERSISTENT_NAMES. I used that
option because I had to deploy more than 1.000 machines with openSUSE
and didn't want it to check for the NIC's MAC address ( obviously ).
When doing the same on openSUSE 11.1, I realize that that option no
longer exists, and udev keeps the same MAC behavior for identifying all
NICs.
Is there any way to mimic that openSUSE 10.1 behavior ?

I've found a way to keep the required behaviour:
1) delete file /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
2) delete file /lib/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules
3) just restart.

Thanks for your reply Carlos.
Thanks for your help,

--