Re: [opensuse] compaq 6715b acpi problems and opensuse 11.1
  • From: Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:56:32 +0100
Petri Asikainen wrote:
Janko Mivšek wrote:

What to do now, do I need to install something extra to enable ACPI?

To enable acpi you need only edit boot options.

To try different boot options , theres different bios versions of this
model so you could be lucky and get acpi working

At boot on grub menu, press esc to exit graphical menu.
select your kernel version.
- Press e to edit grub commands.
- Select line starting with "kernel"
- Press e to edit line
- Try to clean out safemoude settings like apm=off acpi=off, but leave
standard option like root= resume= ...
- Press enter to confirm changes
- Press b to boot with edited settings.

If you find something working you could edit /boot/grub/menu.lst to make
those setting default.

Thanks Petri! I later remember and did something similar, now the notebook works with ACPI pretty well.

Best regards
Janko