Re: [opensuse] Where is FORCE_PERSISTENT_NAMES ?
  • From: Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:55:55 +0000
Hi Carlos,

What do you mean by that ?
With openSUSE 11.1, I do not know how to disable the persistent NIC
names. The only way I have to circumvent that is the delete the relevant
lines at /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules, but I do not want to
do that on 1.000+ machines...
If I do not do so, all machines I deploy will expect that MAC
address on eth0 and their own NIC will be renamed to eth1. That is the
behavior I want avoid.

Regards,
Rui