Re: [opensuse] Microsoft TTF fonts and 11.1
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:12:43 +0100 (CET)

On Friday, 2009-01-16 at 00:24 -0500, Mike McMullin wrote:

People on the Spanish list are complaining that they are getting this
update automatically without warning, and they don't want anything
"microsoftish" on their systems.

I'll try to convince them to fill a bugzilla, but I'm not sure if they
will.

Have them check to see if the pullin-msttf-fonts package is installed.
I had noticed that on my 11.1 install the package was there waiting for
YOU update to be available.

Well, that's precisely what they are complaining about!

The package is automatically selected to be installed, and they do not want it, because it install Microsoft "things".

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.