Re: [opensuse] ATI Driver Surprise
  • From: peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:32:55 +0000

In the 64 bit install, there is a problem with the 32 bit fglrx_dri.so.
You can go to /usr/lib/dri and rename the current fglrx_dri.so and then
ln -s /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so

This got the fglrx driver working for me.

I did it and still no change in behavior.
I'll try that again when I wind out why ati installer breaks in the middle
of compilation. It stops when it can't copy file to directory. After
removing files it bombs out on the same place and files are again there, so
it seems like it is trying copy twice and in second attempt runs in its own
file, and stops.

--
Regards, Rajko

Have you tried using the option to build for the distro i usee it native
first time and had it fail part way thru then used the specific distro option
to pick suse 11.1 and it went thru just need the symlinks as above to work
fully although frame rates are a bit poor

For some reason there seems to be a lot of variation in the way a lot of
software behaves both on install and once running between different installs
of the same version on similar hardware this is something that needs
nailing down it has been prevelent for too long now

Cheers Pete .

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)