Re: [opensuse] Microsoft TTF fonts and 11.1
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 01:47:06 +0100 (CET)

On Wednesday, 2009-01-14 at 11:52 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:

Just to add to the previous thread regarding Microsoft fonts,
I have just now approved the "pullin-msttf-fonts" update which
brings the "fetchmsttfonts" script that pulls in the redistributable
TTFs.

You need to select this optional update in your updater (YOU, update
applet) to install it. With zypper use: "zypper in fetchmsttfonts".

People on the Spanish list are complaining that they are getting this update automatically without warning, and they don't want anything "microsoftish" on their systems.

I'll try to convince them to fill a bugzilla, but I'm not sure if they will.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.