[opensuse] OpenSuSE 10.3 on a Dell Studio - a total no-go
  • From: Boris Epstein <borepstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:59:16 -0500
Hi all,

I have been trying to install OpenSUSE 10.3, both the 64-bit version
and the 32-bit, both from the DVD and over the network, on a new Dell
Studio machien we've got here. And I failed. The message I kept
getting consitently read:

Could not find the openSUSE Repository.
Activating manual setup program.
OK

Any idea what this could be? Sounds like the install program can't
quite reference the disk it ought to be using.

I found some references to similar issues with various versions of
SuSE (9 and 10, it seems) but no description of a resolution.

OpenSuSE 11.1 installed no problem.

Any help with this much appreciated as usual.

Boris.